If you are going to choose to end your pregnancy, you need to know what will happen to your body. At 1st Way we can help you understand the different types of abortions. Make an appointment to come in and talk with our trained counselors.
- Suction Aspiration – First Trimester – Suction aspiration, or “vacuum curettage,” is the abortion technique used in most first trimester abortions.
- Dilatation (Dilation) and Curettage (D&C) – First Trimester – This technique is used up to 16 weeks gestation.
- Dilatation (Dilation) and Evacuation (D&E) – Second Trimester – This technique is used from 16 – 24 weeks gestation.
- RU-486 – First Trimester – This technique uses two powerful synthetic hormones with the generic names of mifepristone and misoprostol to chemically induce abortions in women five-to-nine weeks pregnant.
- Saline Amniocentesis – Third Trimester – This technique is used after 16 weeks of pregnancy, when enough fluid has accumulated in the amniotic fluid sac surrounding the baby.
All descriptions are taken from http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/medicalfacts/techniques/.
Misconceptions About Abortion:
- No regrets – One way to decide what is right is to look at the results in the lives of other women. When choosing parenting, most women struggle with being a mom, but nearly all say it is worth it. With adoption, there is normally some regret, but there is also, normally, an acceptance of having done the best you could. With abortion, the most common feeling is regreat. As a matter of fact, one survey found that 93 percent of women regret their abortion. “The majority of women wish they had not chosen abortion. Of all the choices you have, abortion is the choice regretted most by women who have gone through it.”
- The real risks in abortion – “In medical practice, there are few surgical procedures given so little attention and so under-rated in its potential hazards as abortion. It is a commonly held view that complications are inevitable.” Dr. Warren Hern, world-renowned abortionist
- An unborn baby does not feel pain during an abortion – If you touch a little baby’s nose at 40 days, he will pull his head back. At 49 days, he or she can feel a needle stick and draw back. If you put a little probe or instrument in the baby’s hand, he will grasp it. Yes, babies feel things.
- You will feel relief after your abortion –
The majority of women who have abortions feel:
- Guilt (93%)
- Depression (88%)
- Anger (81%)
- Sorrow (92%)
- Grief (85%)
- Bitterness (75%)
- Despair (74%)
- Shame (91%)
Women who have abortions also report:
- Flash-backs to the abortion (63%)
- Hysterical out-breaks (51%)
- Uncontrollable weeping (70%)
- Suicidal feelings (56%)
- A general sense of emptiness (83%)
- Quicker tempers (59%)
- Becoming more violent when angered (48%)
Information taken from The Post-Abortion Review
For help in healing from an abortion visit these webpages.